Monday, August 16, 2010

Psalms 25:7

"Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD."


Yeah. This happened today.

And yes, I was that girlfriend who was tapping her foot the whole time and thinking in my head "stop poking him, can't you see my boyfriend is in PAIN?!". He was such a man about it though. Barely even moved. And let me tell ya..I was ready to whip out the sympathetic tears if he decided the pain was too much to keep up his manly manner (<- heh). But oh no, I knew better than to think he would cry from pain like this. Because those tiny needles piercing through his skinny-self almost touching BONE...that's not real pain. pff. no way. yeah right.


BUT, here is the final result. Looking incredible.
He has been talking about this tattoo for so long that I cannot even believe it's finally finished.


(sidenote: Do I usually use capital letters in my blog? Weird that I can't remember, eh?)


Believe it or not, this wasn't the highlight of my day. And it for SURE wasn't the fact that I didn't eat real food until after six pm either..
The highlight of my day was the fact that my handsome found a way to share Christ in the midst of his eagerness, nerves and macho-noncrying-ness. And you're all thinking, DUH Alyssa, his tattoo is a freaking scripture verse.
...But he didn't have to tell him the meaning, did he?

He made me quite the proud girlfriend today. As he shared where the scripture came from and what the meaning was, he explained to our new friend, Jorge, that he finds it to be the ultimate and most extravagant gift of grace God has for us. Forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment